Wednesday, February 23, 2011

To Stitch or Not To Stitch?

That is the question...

For now I decided not to stitch. After all, what can they do to an ear if it's technically still intact?

After a very helpful brother was trying to help his little sister (who was apparently a little top heavy), there was a cry, a whimper, then a scream, as was told by an innocent bystander. After taking poor Annie out of the bystanders' hands and consoling her, I realized there was blood. After attempting to clean her...and me up, I looked at her ear and saw this:





After much discussion, the conclusion was that the gash went clear across her ear. Now... Do I take her in? Can they do anything? Do I really want to go to the ER?




The answer was no. Let's see if she'll sleep and see how it looks in the morning.




It's not any prettier, but it did finally stop bleeding. So now we wait to answer the next question...


Will she use this as an excuse to not listen?

3 comments:

Dave and Nan said...

Wow, poor Annie! That looks like it hurt.

Thanks for posting all the pictures of your sweet family. It's great to be able to see how you're all doing. :) My kids enjoy trying to get all of their names right.

Tina said...

It is interesting to hear someone else posting about their family injuries. I'm hoping my kids don't see this as competition.

So sorry, Annie . . .

Kerry said...

I agree with what Tina said... this really isn't a competition, you know. :0)

Then again maybe I should post Kailyn's hives from last week...an allergic reaction to something. Swollen lips, feet, fingers, the whole thing.

Hope Annie's feeling better!!