Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Countdown



UPDATE and EXPLANATION:

1. Clark stinks.

2. Clark sheds. (There is enough here to stuff a pillow - Christmas presents anyone?)

3. Clark poops - and occasionally NOT outside . . .

4. Clark runs away. A lot.

5. Brice sneezes when Clark is around.

6. Brice can't breathe when Clark is around.

7. We love Brice more than we love Clark.

8. I have four other kids I am required to keep.

And so . . .

9. Clark needs to leave.

As for personality, he is the best dog. He is calm, loves kids and NEVER barks. He just needs to be hairless, come with an air freshner and possibly a plug - and he'd be perfect.

I felt bad - for about a minute. I'll feel great tomorrow. I'll feel wonderful in a year when I'm no longer wiping dog hair out of the refrigerator.

The kids are a bit disappointed, but seem to understand. They are currently lobbying for every other creature that crawls, creeps, hops, flies or jumps as a replacement . . .

And that's the rest of the story . . .


(If you feel bad for him, I'll tell you where you can adopt him . . .)




6 comments:

Crazy Mom said...

what's happening to the dog?

Kerry said...

Okay, thanks for the update and explanation. I thought something was wrong w/ my computer... I knew I was already fur-free, stink-free and poop-free.

Congrats on your newfound doggy freedom.

Ryan E. D. Hawk said...

Tina
Congratulations! The boys will be disappointed, but we'll be OK.

Kerry,
Congratulations on being fur-free, stink free and poop-free. I'm so glad you shared.

Ryan

Tina said...

Yeah, Ryan, Annie won't be able to follow the dog around and bite him in the butt - like his older brother. Poor girl. The youngest always gets jipped.

The last time Jonny was here he was having a love-hate relationship with Clark . . . (he was fun to pet, but when Clark got up and moved toward him for more petting - that is intimidating to a 1 year old . . .) I think he ended on hate so he won't miss him, I'm sure.

Kerry, did you feel threatened?

Kerry said...

You know Ryan... I have to set boundaries somewhere and what's the use of boundaries if they aren't clear? Besides, I don't want any Clarkish looking creatures showing up on my doorstep... regardless of how thrilled child #3 would be. Just have to be clear... very, very clear.

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations! I am happy for you. Actually, I am surprised that you finally succeeded in getting rid of him!