Friday, November 14, 2008

A New Doyle

It's official... we love our children. Yep, we have submitted. The Doyle's are now the proud (errr... well, I think we are) owners of....



Sparkle

(Is it obvious she lives in a house of all girls?

Would a name like that be chosen with boys around?)



Isn't she just the sweetest? (We keep saying it over an over again... we'll be completely convinced soon)



She was free... well, kind of... we did spend a few $'s at the pet store today. I can't believe how much money one can spend on an animal... those pet stores are amazing!

If anyone has any cat advice I'm listening.

By the way... Here's her brother. He doesn't have a home... yet. I hope Dad (as in Grandpa Hawk) is prepared to be a father again, because mom (as in Grandma) REALLY likes him. .... and you think I'm kidding. Maybe leaving Mom alone wasn't such a good idea after all, Dad.

5 comments:

Ryan E. D. Hawk said...

You poor, poor saps. I have some cat advice, but I'm not sure the kids read this blog, wouldn't want to scar them for life.

Tina said...

And this is where I say, with a scowl on my face, THANK YOU VERY MUCH! My girls are ooohing and aaaahing and asking me why they couldn't have Aunt Kerry as a mom.

I just managed to get rid of the last pet that someone ooohed and aaahed about . . .

Today, I thank God for allergies and asthma . . .

Oh, and Buff has some cat advice. He believes all cats suffer from lead deficiency. He would love to help any way he can . . .

So in the end, congratulations on the new family member. I have to admit she is very cute with a very cute name. Definitely a good way to add to the family!

Kerry said...

To Ryan and Buff... You need to talk to someone about all of your your pent up resentment (and I don't recommend Dad). I think Keith has some, too. His comment in the pet store went something like, "If this doesn't work out, I'll have to 'accidentally' back out of the garage without looking."

However, he's softened a lot since she arrived. He has commented on how cute she is has uttered the word "like" in the same sentence as "this kitten"... yeah, he does have a tenderside deep under all that strength... deep down...

Anonymous said...

I think the new addition is just the wonderful, I am a grandmother of 15 or is it 16 now. Maybe I am more like my mother than I knew. Of course I will baby sit or is it cat sit, at no charge of course. Congratulations. Grandma Hawk

Tina said...

With Keith's response about backing out of the garage Buff's respect for Keith greatly increased.

Of course, it may be waning again with the "like kitten" comments - do you know anyone who does "kitten counseling"? I think Buff needs some. He has other issues under all his strength . . .

By the way, I cannot even begin to explain all the kitten begging I am getting from my daughter because of you and your cute little pictures . . . are you sensing any of the negative twin vibes I am sending your way?